Solved

DWG writing polylines with arcs and lines

Badge +1

Hi,

I'm having problem writing polylines that consists of arcs and lines in AutoCAD. It seems it only happens when using Reprojector or similar. While writing arc part of polyline gets stroked in AutoCAD.

Does anyone have any idea what am I missing?

Cheers,

Želimir

icon

Best answer by xiaomengatsafe 23 April 2019, 19:42

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

Have you tried "LineCombiner"

Badge +1

Have you tried "LineCombiner"

Yes, I did. Still turning arced parts as polylines.

Badge +2

Yes, I did. Still turning arced parts as polylines.

Is it addressed or not??

If not... please send some screenshot to understand better

Badge +1

OK, here's a workbench and some pictures. As I said, after Reprojector, arced part of polyline gets stroked while writing in AutoCAD.

Before reprojecting:

After reprojecting:

In inspector (right before writing) there's correct definition of polyline with arced part of path:

Workbench:

autocad_path_polyline_test.fmwt

There are three workarounds in fmw using various transformers all giving same result in final AutoCAD file.

PS. I'm using FME 2018.1.

Badge +2

Hi @zzupljanin, sometimes it is necessary to stroke arcs into lines, during reprojection, to best maintain the shape of the arc. You can try using the ArcEstimator transformer to turn them back into arcs, after reprojection. http://docs.safe.com/fme/2019.0/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/arcestimator.htm

Hope this helps.

Badge +1

Hi @zzupljanin, sometimes it is necessary to stroke arcs into lines, during reprojection, to best maintain the shape of the arc. You can try using the ArcEstimator transformer to turn them back into arcs, after reprojection. http://docs.safe.com/fme/2019.0/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/arcestimator.htm

Hope this helps.

Yes, this idea works.

Doing ArcStroker before Reprojector and then ArcEstimator of arced parts does the trick.

Thank you.

autocad_path_polyline_test.fmwt