Question

Is there an easy way way to mange the configuration files path? We are migrating our network shared drives where resides these configuration and we want to avoid to re-install FME Server.

• 15 December 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

Is there an easy way way to mange the configuration files path? We are migrating our network shared drives where resides these configuration and we want to avoid to re-install FME Server.

Regards.

Etienne

3 replies

Badge
We are running FME Server 2014

Badge +2

Hi @avone76

Are you planing on keeping an FME Server 2014 installation, or moving and upgrading?

I think in tis situation you are going have to do a reinstall of FME Server, as you can't move the resources/config files post installation.

You can however, do a backup of your server and restore on the new machine. Just in case, I would start up your new FME Server install before removing the old one, just in case you experience issues.

Are you planing to upgrade off 2014 anytime soon?
Badge

Hi @jlutherthomas

Thanks for the sharing.

Yes we are planning to move to FME server 2017 later in 2018, however were in the midst of a DC move and we have dependencies issue. I am trying to figure out if there is any other option that to reinstall our FMe server twice this year.