Solved

SQLCreator SQL statement editor (2018.1) - Copy/paste issue

• 6 November 2018
  • 6 replies

When copy/pasting SQL code into the SQLCreator SQL statement editor (2018.1) specific characters are replaced by others, e.g. '}' becomes '%7D'. This doesn't happen using the 2017.0 version.

How can I make it work in the 2018.1 version?

icon

Best answer by nampreetatsafe 21 February 2020, 10:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4

Unfortunately this is a known issue when copy/pasting from certain SQL editors, e.g. SQLDeveloper and DbVisualizer to the FME 2018 editor widget.

You may want to contact Safe support and refer to ticket C138937.

Badge +3

@fkoenig

use notepad.

Copy to notepad from SQL editor and then copy from notepad to SQL_Creator/Executor.

@david_r Thanks for the answer. I contacted support but there is no further insight re the solution of the issue.

@gio So far I have been using that workaround, but nevertheless thanks for your answer. I just thought to raise the issue as it is an annoying step that shouldn't be necessary with this kind of software.

Badge +3

@fkoenig

@david_r

WE have reported this issue a while ago.

But yes, very annoying. But we are patient as we love FME !

Badge +2

FME 2019.2 still has the same problems unfortunately. FME developers: Is there a solution coming soon? (it worked fine in V 2017).

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Update: This issue is resolved and with FME 2020.0 and newer you can copy and past SQL statements.

There's a fix included in the latest FME 2020 beta (b20182). Though it has yet to go through QA, I tested it out and managed to successfully copy and paste SQL containing { } || from Oracle SQL Developer to the SQLCreator.

Please let us know if you have any luck with this.

[internal reference FMEDESKTOP-10005]