Question

merge date columns

• 8 January 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi all,

I am reading a number of records from an Oracle database. When using FeatureMerger on these, I find that the resulting features have NULL values for attributes DATE1, DATE2, etc., while the attributes DATE1.full, DATE2.full have been merged correctly. Is there a simpler solution than exposing the DATEn.full attributes and converting them to the DATEn attributes? (There are a LOT of such date attributes.)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steinar

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

the easiest is probably to use a BulkAttributeRenamer:

this will rename e.g. DATE1.full to DATE1, while preserving the value from DATE1.full.

David
Userlevel 4
Btw, you do not have to expose any attributes for this to work. Just add the BulkAttributeRemover right after the reader and you should be all set.

David
Badge
Thanks David,

It seems that FeatureMerger (for some strange reason) refuses to merge other date attributes than the original .full ones, so I need to place the BulkAttributeRenamer after FeatureMerger, and then reformat the attributes from the YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format to the YYYYMMDD format I require. I suppose DateFormatter should do the trick.You are right in that I do not have to expose the attributes - learned something new today.

Steinar