Question

TweetSearcher inputs and parameters

• 28 April 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

Just playing around with the TweetSearcher transformer for the first time and need some clarification on some details:

What needs to be input into the transformer? This strikes me as a bit of a stand-alone and the output I want is simply geo-tagged tweets from specified search text within a given radius.

I want to search for geo-tagged tweets within a given area (in this case, I have a shapefile to specify this) however there doesn't appear to be anyway of doing this. There is only a search radius that you can specify but I can't find any information on where this is centred. Can anyone help on this? @1spatialdave?

Cheers,

Doug

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi

The center point of the specified radius is relative to the feature(s) that trigger the TweetSearcher.

From the help: The center of gravity of the feature’s geometry will be used as the center point of the search area.

David

Hi

The center point of the specified radius is relative to the feature(s) that trigger the TweetSearcher.

From the help: The center of gravity of the feature’s geometry will be used as the center point of the search area.

David

Hi David,

Thank you very much for that. So what is need then to trigger the tweetshearcher? Presumably it simply needs a point or geometry feature reader that represents the centre of the search area?

Doug