Question

Transform a PostGIS geometry in a Smallworld geometry

• 28 August 2013
  • 3 replies

Hi, I´ve PostGis tables whith 3 geometric fields (with different projections), The recordas can be points, lines or areas. I need to transform this geometries (one of the fields) in a Smallworld Geometry...but i don´t know how..

I would be very grateful if someone could help me

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

I do not know what a Smallworld geometry really means in your context, could you please expand? What type of geometry is allowed?

David
Hi, thanks for replying.

Sorry I responded so late but I have problems with my fme.

I meant if, for example, I have a reader from a postgres table (which represents a line and its attributes).On the other hand I have a table of Smallworld whose main geometry is "route".

How do I indicate on my workbench the relationship between geometry?

A postgres record has 3 geometric fields (different projections, but i dont know if these fields are important)

Thanks, and sorry if I have not explained my question well
Badge +5
Hi,

This instruction can be applied to Smallworld FME Translator (not the SBS plugin). Getting the geometry into Smallworld is done with an attribute called smallworld_geometry{0}.sworld_name. You can use AttributeCreator to create the attribute smallworld_geometry{0}.sworld_name and give route for the value of the attribute. Just to be sure, you should expose attribute sworld_geometry{0}.sworld_name from the feature type properties and Format Attributes tab.

If you have multiple geometries then smallworld_geometry{1}, smallworld_geometry{2}, etc. can be used.