Solved

expand and contract rows and sum total at the bottom in excel

• 30 October 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +9
I am using statistics calculator to fill in the total number of features from a datasource.

1. I want to expand and contract that list in excel dependent on non zero.
  2. I also want a grand total at the bottom to be just below the last row.

Do I need to get the max number of possible rows to use in a parameter?

Do I need to create a parameter to count those rows and make that parameter the location +1 of my grand total?
icon

Best answer by fmelizard 31 October 2015, 05:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Sounds like you could just route all the data features to your Excel output, and then route the summary feature coming out of the stats calculator there too. The stats summary feature will always come out last so will be the last row. You'd have to just name the "count" attribute to be whatever you named the column in Excel where you want that to go.

If the count was 0, then either the stats calculator won't output anything (because nothing came in) or you could use a Tester afterwards to throw out the record if it was 0. I believe the former.

Not sure what you meant by point #1 -- expand and contract the list.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

I think the grand total row from the Summary port of the StatisticsCalculator will be written at last naturally, in most cases.

However, it may not be guaranteed if you perform some operations for the data rows using some group-based (blocking) transformers in parallel with the StatisticsCalculator. Is there such a situation?

Takashi