Question

Write google fusion table to a specific folder on Google Drive?

• 27 January 2014
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge
Hi,

Is it possible to specify an existing output folder on Google Drive when writing to a Google Fusion table? It always ends up in the root folder (My Drive) for me. I would like to write the table to an existing shared folder to avoid having to share the table when it's written.

/mats

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Mats,

I dont think so, but you can create the table, move it via google to the desired location and re import it into the ws.

Itay
Badge
Thank you Itay. I need to drop and recreate the table every time I run my ws and then the new table is created in the root. I would prefer not having to do the move operation every time. Where do I file an enhancement request?

/mats
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Mats,

I guess you can just request support and Safe should pick it up....

I basically only move the final table/map to the desired location and do my testing in the root, this way you only have to move the final product once.

Itay
Badge
Hi Itay,

Yes, your solution works ok if it's a one time job. My situation is that I run a workspace weekly on an FME server and don't like having to log in to Google Drive once a week just to move the file.

I tried to truncate the file instead of dropping it, but it seems to be very unstable. The workspace often fails after a few hundred records.

/mats
Badge
Hi Mats

We cannot currently specify a Google Drive folder when creating a new Google Fusion table - I filed a task to look at doing this.  If the table exists we can write to it whether or not it is in a folder - but I guess you noticed that.