Solved

Network topology builder calculator ,how to solve the problem when lines connects to the same point

• 10 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

i used Network topology builder calculator , and each line has specific id so i get the output for which id is connect to which id ,but i have one problem when more than one line intersected it repeats id more than one time bcs as example id 5 connects with id 7 and id 9 and id 10

so it repeats one id ,many times it depends how many lines connected to the same point ,

so i would like to ask ,how could i give for all connects point the same id_network

bcs if A connects to B

and B connects to C

so A CONNECTS TO C

so all of them should have the same id _network

id_network for A =8

id_network for B= 8

id_network for C = 8

I WANT TO give the same id_network for all lines connects to the same point

i do not want to repeat one id more than one time .

icon

Best answer by daraghatsafe 17 March 2020, 23:12

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

@soly do you have a small example that members of the community can work with? Can you clarify whether you're using TopologyBuilder or NetworkTopologyCalculator?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@soly do you have a small example that members of the community can work with? Can you clarify whether you're using TopologyBuilder or NetworkTopologyCalculator?

i think i had misunderstood from me of the output i found that he gives me same number as table,i used topology builder then network topology calculator ,my target to reach which connected to which nodes and if we have common id i mean as id 11 so any node connects to should be has the same network id

id

network_id

id 11

id 12

id 15

id 20

id 11

id 18

id 17

id 19

id 11

my source is DGN file ,just i wanted to show u ,how it looks like

but i found nw , he gives for each part new network id so i want to modify it as that all should have the same id and remove duplicate file .

could u suggest me how could i give for all network id that has common id as id 11 to get the same network id bcs all of them should be connected .

but i did not understand why it gives me three of id 11 .

he gives me 2 connected id network and seperately one network id and it is not connected with any another id any more in my table

Badge +2

@soly without an example I can't reproduce your issue. I've attached an example workspace. Perhaps you can modify that to reproduce your problem. If your line do not touch then NetworkTopologyBuilder will build separate networks for each feature. Perhaps you have duplicate features in which case you need to remove them.

network.fmw

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@soly without an example I can't reproduce your issue. I've attached an example workspace. Perhaps you can modify that to reproduce your problem. If your line do not touch then NetworkTopologyBuilder will build separate networks for each feature. Perhaps you have duplicate features in which case you need to remove them.

network.fmw

sry for that but i have FME version 2018,could u provide me workspace for fme 2018 . thanks for ur reply

Badge

networkfme2018.fmw

Hi @soly, I converted the workspace that @markatsafe created for you to 2018 . Please see attached. There may be a difference in the parameters in 2018 vs 2020. For the best results in this case I would recommend installing the latest 2020 version.

Badge

sry for that but i have FME version 2018,could u provide me workspace for fme 2018 . thanks for ur reply

networkfme2018.fmw

Hi @soly, I converted the workspace that @markatsafe created for you to 2018 . Please see attached. There may be a difference in the parameters in 2018 vs 2020. For the best results in this case I would recommend installing the latest 2020 version.