Question

Adding orthophoto to a TIN surface

• 16 July 2013
  • 7 replies

Badge
I am trying to add a GeoTIFF orthophoto to a TIN surface I generated trom a raster (TIFF) DTM.  I have used the TINgenerator to get TIN_Surface from my DTM, that I send to the Geometry-port on an ApperanceSetter.  The ortophoto is sent trough an ApperanceStyler and then into the Apperance-port of the AppearanceSetter. 

I expected the ApperanceSetters' Output-port to give me the 3D terrain model in colours. 

Instead I get the ortophoto added to each triangle of the TIN-model.  Doesn't look very nice.  I have been trough the articles here, as well as reading on the various possible transformers available.  Currently simply baffled.  I must have missed the most obvious solution to this, and I must have been looking straight at it several times already. 

What transformer should I have used?  And the settings? 

7 replies

Hi,

I would say SurfaceDraper is a good option. I hope this gives you a better result.

Best regards,

Stefan
Badge
Thank you Stefan, but I still seem to be missing something.  I tried the SurfaceDraper, and it gave me a singlecoloured straight plane slightly adjusted to fit the corners of the TIN-surface. 

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. I found something, that could be a good approach. When you look at this link:

http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/Samples_and_Demos/Point-Clouds-and-Surface-Modelling

and this example:  Splitting by Class and Making TIN

In the last part, they bring together a Raster and a TIN.

Hopefully that is useful for you,

best regards,

Stefan

Badge
I decided to take a step back before going forward again.

This gave me some results, and will be the basis of my future work on this project: http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/Samples_and_Demos/Creating-Point-Clouds-from-3D-models-or-rasters
Hi,

I am experiencing the exact same thing as you did. My ortophoto is added to each single triangle of the TIN model.

How can I add my ortophoto onto the TIN model? I have tried the SurfaceDraper transformer but it did not work.

Can you help me?

Daníel
Badge

@danielarnason Try AppearanceSetter. Ortophoto -> Appearance and TIN -> Geometry

Badge +3

appearancesetter is valid for this.

Clip the ortho with the extent of the surface.

If you use it with its standard setting, repeat factor 1, border fill. It should yield one mapped foto.

If the foto matches of course your tin extent.