Question

FeatureWriter and "overwrite file" setting ?

• 20 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi.

I'm having trouble with a workspace, that outputs a number of GeoTIFF files to a folder.

I'm using a FeatureWriter to output the GeoTIFF's. The FW has no option whether to overwrite existing files.

When I save the workspace as a mapping file, and run fme.exe with this mapping file, no files gets overwritten, i.e. older versions remain in the output folder.

If I run it manually (i.e. the workspace in Workbench), it seems like files are getting overwritten.

Is this the WAD behaviour, or is there a difference between running *.fme and *.fmw files ?

How come there isn't a setting in FeatureWriter to control this ? Or is there, somewhere hidden ?

Cheers.

4 replies

Hi,

I'm having pretty much the same problem, expcet for the fact that my featureWriter is in a workspace runner. I know many writers have the Overwrite existing parameter, but it doesn't seem to apply to all of them. Is there any way to force overwriting for goeotiff output?

Thank you!

Badge

Hi,

I'm having pretty much the same problem, expcet for the fact that my featureWriter is in a workspace runner. I know many writers have the Overwrite existing parameter, but it doesn't seem to apply to all of them. Is there any way to force overwriting for goeotiff output?

Thank you!

Hi @amdubois​ , do the changes made to the GeoTIFF actually appear in the newly written file? What version are you using? Have you noticed the same behavior with the GeoTIFF writer?

Thanks, Daragh

Hi @amdubois​ , do the changes made to the GeoTIFF actually appear in the newly written file? What version are you using? Have you noticed the same behavior with the GeoTIFF writer?

Thanks, Daragh

Hi Daragh, there are no changes recorded. The timestamp is exactly the same. I'm using the 2020.1 version (can't use another one because my client is using that one). I haven't tried with the geotiff writer though.

Hey there!

I am also facing the same issue I am using the 2020 version may be due to old version is error for my site best dubai storage