Solved

Failure on Desktop, but succes on Server

Badge +16
  • Contributor
  • 1425 replies

Hi all,

I have a controler workspace that triggers 2 job on server via jobsubmitters, one of the jobs fails and this triggers a notifier in the controler workspace to send an email, the output port of the notifier succes is connected to a terminator so that when an email is sent the controler fails too.

This is all well and as planned and works just fine on desktop, the translation status of the controler on desktop is translation failed.

Now I have uploaded all workspaces involved and when I am running the controler workspace the translation status is success ???.

I have been staring at this issue for some time and tried removing the controler workspace and republishing it but no joy, does anybody have any idea?

Much appreciated, Itay

icon

Best answer by david_r 6 September 2016, 14:02

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4

What does the log say?

Badge +16

What does the log say?

Hi @david_r added both desktop and server logs, thx!

logs.zip

Userlevel 4

Here's an interesting error on your server that doesn't appear on your desktop:

Retrive_FME_Server_job_info_HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): HTTP/FTP transfer error: 'Couldn't resolve host name'

Retrive_FME_Server_job_info_HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): Please ensure that your network connection is properly set up

Retrive_FME_Server_job_info_HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): No proxy settings have been entered.  If you require a proxy to access external URLs, please ensure the appropriate information has been entered

As I don't know your workspace it is difficult to tell, but could this part of the problem? The feature exits the <Rejected> port, which does not seem to be connected to anything.

Badge +16

Retrive_FME_Server_job_info_HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): HTTP/FTP transfer error: 'Couldn't resolve host name'

Retrive_FME_Server_job_info_HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): Please ensure that your network connection is properly set up

Retrive_FME_Server_job_info_HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): No proxy settings have been entered.  If you require a proxy to access external URLs, please ensure the appropriate information has been entered

As I don't know your workspace it is difficult to tell, but could this part of the problem? The feature exits the <Rejected> port, which does not seem to be connected to anything.

Not really, I have extracted the contents of a custom transformer (retrive fme server job info) into the main canvas and republished, the connection is now made via de httpcaller. I have attached a new server log filejob-907.zip

Badge +16

0684Q00000ArMZEQA3.png

Controler WS

Userlevel 4

Controler WS

Thanks, that makes it much easier to read the log ;-) On your server all your features exit the FAILED port of the tester, so you need to look into what you're testing for.

Badge +16
Thanks, that makes it much easier to read the log ;-) On your server all your features exit the FAILED port of the tester, so you need to look into what you're testing for.

Good call! thx!

Badge +16

Initially I tried using the FMEServerJobWaiter, but since it needs the job id (which is not exited from the submitter!?) I resolved in using the API to get the job info.

Any idea why the job id is not made available from the job submitter?
Badge +16
Initially I tried using the FMEServerJobWaiter, but since it needs the job id (which is not exited from the submitter!?) I resolved in using the API to get the job info.

Any idea why the job id is not made available from the job submitter?
To answer my own question.....the _job_id is available when running on server! D'OH!

Userlevel 4

The FMEServerJobSubmitter is a bit buggy, it actually behaves differently whether you run your master workspace on Desktop or on Server, meaning that the returned attributes can differ between the two environments.

I have flagged this with Safe some time ago, apparently it has been fixed in FME 2017. It not only concerns the job ID, but also other attributes like numFeaturesOutput.

The job ID returned by the FMEServerJobSubmitter should work just fine when your master workspace runs on Server, however.