Question

POSTGIS Writer: Fanout for feature type [postgis_table_name] failed to find feature type template ''

• 9 December 2015
  • 3 replies

The post title

POSTGIS Writer: Fanout for feature type [postgis_table_name] failed to find feature type template ''

is the error I'm getting in the FME log when I try to run a workbench which has already worked flawlessly a lot of times.

It looks to me a database-related issue (template?) but I can't understand it and can't find any solution. I have no fanout and database configuration has to my knowledge not changed. I did not even change writers configuration.

My FME version:

2015.1.1.0 (20150715 - Build 15515 - WIN32)

Any ideas on how to handle that?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi. I looked up the message and it appears to be a problem that occurred in version 2015.1.1 (and some 2016.0 beta builds). The good news is that this is fixed in FME 2015.1.2. Can you upgrade to that version and try again?

The one thing I don't know is if the workspace has been damaged by the bug. If you are still having problems after upgrading, please contact the support team for assistance (http://safe.com/support). Let them know it is re PR#63806

Apologies for any inconvenience. I hope this helps resolve the problem for you.

Hello! Thanks for the hint. I'll try to convince our IT ppl to do an extraordinary update and then post an update here.

Hi. I looked up the message and it appears to be a problem that occurred in version 2015.1.1 (and some 2016.0 beta builds). The good news is that this is fixed in FME 2015.1.2. Can you upgrade to that version and try again?

The one thing I don't know is if the workspace has been damaged by the bug. If you are still having problems after upgrading, please contact the support team for assistance (http://safe.com/support). Let them know it is re PR#63806

Apologies for any inconvenience. I hope this helps resolve the problem for you.

Hi Mark,

I am seeing the same issue at 2016.1.1.0, is this bug fixed at that version?