Question

Write Sketchup with colors

• 24 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +21

It seems FME supports reading Sketchup and colors - through attributes like RenderingOptions.GroundColorRGB . However it does not seem to write these attributes if you have an fme_color on an object. I have tried creating an RenderingOptions.GroundColorRGB = 0.59999999999999998,0.74117647058823533,0.56470588235294117 - however it does not seem to work.

How do you set colors properly in FME for them to be displayed within Sketchup correctly?

3 replies

Badge

Hey @sigtill

I also want to generate an skp file and am having trouble with colors, too. Did you find out how to set colors?

Thanks in advance :-)

Lena
Badge +21

Hey @sigtill

I also want to generate an skp file and am having trouble with colors, too. Did you find out how to set colors?

Thanks in advance :-)

Lena
Hi @kgt_lena ! - yes - I needed to use the ApperanceSetter and set the colors with that. Use an inspector after the AppearanceSetter to visually inspect the feature in Data Inspector and verify that itis ok before writing to Sketchup.

PS: You can use a RandomColorsetter for testing before the AppearanceSetter to get a color.

Badge +7
Hi @kgt_lena ! - yes - I needed to use the ApperanceSetter and set the colors with that. Use an inspector after the AppearanceSetter to visually inspect the feature in Data Inspector and verify that itis ok before writing to Sketchup.

PS: You can use a RandomColorsetter for testing before the AppearanceSetter to get a color.

Hi @sigtill

Do you know if the ApperanceSetter also work on geometry lines of sketchup? Basically setting colors of lines. Not sure if you can actually set colors of lines in sketchup it self?