Question

Multi-page Word Doc with multiple tables

• 7 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have data pulled from a DB and need to create a multi-page Word or PDF document. What I've got so far is arranging my attributes in the order I want them and sending them through the AttributeExploder so each Attribute can be in a list or table for vertical formatting.

First problem: Once the Features go through the AttributeExploder, they are no longer sorted in the sequence I need them.

Second problem: I need each Feature/Attribute set to be on a separate page, so separated tables. I've tried using the MSWordStyler, which puts everything in 1 big table, but I need to insert a page break in between each Feature, so a separate table for each. Any guidance or samples are appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @jmhomza

Instead of rearranging your attributes, try adding a numeric prefix representing the order you want. For example, if the attribute is called attribute, rename to 1_attribute. You can use a Sorter to order the attributes after the features have gone through the AttributeExploder.

For adding page breaks, you can try interspersing features that have been formatted as page breaks using the MSWordStyler between features meant for different pages. This can also be done using the Sorter.

Attached is a workspace that demonstrates these approaches. I hope it helps. multiplepageworddoc.fmw