Question

FME 2016 crashes with sharepoint reader on windows server 2013

I am attempting to connect to a team site using the SharePoint reader(Microsoft SharePoint List) in FME desktop.2016 from a Win server 2008 using the Python27 library. I enter the team site URL followed by user name and password and select the NTLM connection. On click the button besides 'Lists', FME crashes with no errors or dump file creation. I confirm that my account has the right privileges to access & open the xls file on the teamsite. One thing to note is that I don't have a complete installation of MS Office on the windows server machine. I am not sure if this is related though. Any clue what might be wrong?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

I don't know if an installation of office is required but it's worth a try. If it didn't fix you should ask for support.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I installed MS office and atleast now I do not experience a crash. However I get at '401. Client Error. Unauthorized'. I confirm I do have full access to the team site though. Anyway, I have raised this as a ticket with our local support.

Forgot to mention that the above crash does not occur on Win 7, but it still does on Win Server 2008, even with a complete installation of MS Office 2010.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I installed MS office and atleast now I do not experience a crash. However I get at '401. Client Error. Unauthorized'. I confirm I do have full access to the team site though. Anyway, I have raised this as a ticket with our local support.

Thanks for logging this with your support contacts. Please do let us know what the outcome is.