Question

Certain Transformers output .ffs files

• 22 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm not sure if this was always the case, but lately I've noticed that certain transformers (VertexCreator, AreaOnAreaOverlayer) are storing any invalid geometries it comes accross into .ffs files. This is nice for debugging, but it's not always what I want. Is there any way to tell FME if I don't want those features stored?

2 replies

Badge +16

Hi,

Not that I know of, but maybe a Safer might shade some more light on this.

FME does store its files in ffs, usually in the temp location, for internal usage.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @yola -- we'd need to know a bit more about your situation (are you running from within Workbench or in FME Server or from the command line? And is this FME 2016?) but I strongly suspect that what you are seeing is due to the Rejected ports now on those transformers in FME 2016. If you are running within Workbench, we make a recording of anything going out a not-connected Rejected port. This is to help you inspect that later. If you don't like this, the easiest thing to do is just connect *anything* after the Rejected port. A Junction is a great one for example. That will have the effect of suppressing the auto-recording, and otherwise, doing nothing.