Question

Explode Blocks in autocad file into points in File geodatabase

• 6 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

I want to explode the multiple features of particular shapes in CAD file into single point feature in File Geodatabase.

for e.g. rectangle or small circles into Point.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @dheeraj,

If you want to explode Blocks from dWG files, has this link Example Exploding Blocks.

If this link is not good to your case, please share us a sample data.

thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

From the description it seems you do not want to explode blocks, but use the insertion point instead. In that case uncheck the "Explode blocks" on the reader.

If the blocks contain multiple features that you want replaced, you can use the CenterpointReplacer after the DeAggregator to get the simple features (from a composite feature).

Badge

In addition to danilo_inovacao and the article that was referenced, it is possible to explode specific blocks only. In the parameters of your AutoCAD reader, check the box 'Explode Blocks Into Entitites' and then enter the blocknames which you would like to explode ('Explode Selected Blocks'). If the latter field remains empty, all blocks are exploded.

By checking the box 'Preserve Insert Points', the insertion point of each block can be recovered.

Another thing I would like to point out: if you don't explode your blocks, FME will just use the insertion point of the block (check your inspector for example), and the shape/geometry of the block itself is neglected.

Badge

Without exploding the blocks, i am getting multiple features of particular shapes in CAD file into single point feature in FileGeodatabase, but the features gets duplicated so i use duplicate filter after reader and it works for me.

Thanks for your all support.

Badge

Without exploding the blocks, i am getting multiple features of particular shapes in CAD file into single point feature in FileGeodatabase, but the features gets duplicated so i use duplicate filter after reader and it works for me.

Thanks for your all support.

Good to hear you found a solution!