Question

How to set arrow size for autocad_leader

• 24 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to set the arrow size on an autocad_leader, I see that the leader style is controlled by the Dimension styles but when I pass a name value to autocad_dimension_style_name the dimension style is not applied to the leader. Is there any other attribute to control arrow size on leader?

5 replies

Badge

Could you try to reverse engineer this by creating two objects in AutoCAD with this difference in arrow size and then expose as much of the features as possible in FME to see if there are other attributes that differ?

Could you try to reverse engineer this by creating two objects in AutoCAD with this difference in arrow size and then expose as much of the features as possible in FME to see if there are other attributes that differ?

leaderattributes.fmwt Maybe I miss something but I don't see any additional attributes, I thought maybe the autocad_dim_arrowhead_pt<number>.X would at least show coordinate values but I don't see anything. I could possibly be exposing attributes incorrectly.

Badge

leaderattributes.fmwt Maybe I miss something but I don't see any additional attributes, I thought maybe the autocad_dim_arrowhead_pt<number>.X would at least show coordinate values but I don't see anything. I could possibly be exposing attributes incorrectly.

I can't either, so I'll guess we need to get an AutoCAD expert to answer. :-)

I can't either, so I'll guess we need to get an AutoCAD expert to answer. :-)

I looked in AutoCAD VBA 2006 A Programmers Reference Guide and VBA doesn't offer any method to change arrow properties so this may not be possible. Perhaps I can change the current leader style to use the scale of the viewport. Thanks for the suggestion.

Badge +9

I looked in AutoCAD VBA 2006 A Programmers Reference Guide and VBA doesn't offer any method to change arrow properties so this may not be possible. Perhaps I can change the current leader style to use the scale of the viewport. Thanks for the suggestion.

I may be wrong but isn't the arrow size controlled by the dimension style settings in the specific DWG file? So changing the template file might be a way to go.