Solved

Adding transparency to AutoCAD DWG file

• 14 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge

Is it possible to add transparency styling to DWG output via FME? There doesn't seem to be an option in the DWG styler. If there is an appropriate field in the autocad format attributes i can overwrite this value but I can't see anything relating to transparency.

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 14 March 2018, 19:35

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @proudgis,

I'm sorry, but FME does not currently support transparency in the AutoCAD DWG reader/writers. We are working on adding this support, and I will notify you as soon as it is available.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @proudgis,

I'm sorry, but FME does not currently support transparency in the AutoCAD DWG reader/writers. We are working on adding this support, and I will notify you as soon as it is available.

Great @DaveAtSafe Very interesting.

Badge +21

Hi @proudgis,

Any progress on this?

Badge +3

@proudgis

You could use pyhton or superior TCL, using comtypes opening dwg, calling LISP to apply transparency (and other operations of course) to do that.

You can find examples of such on the net.

For instance a quick hit : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48794935/batch-run-autolisp-with-python

And there are ample examles of transparency setting in LIPS.

Bassicaly layer search and aplplying

(command "_LAYER" "_TR" 45 "Layername" "")

Come to think of it, i posted samish while ago.

Yeah, better for safe to alleviate us from this burden...;)

Badge +1

Any progress on this?

Hello @daveatsafe​ , is there any progress please? :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Any progress on this?

Hi @lazarlubomir​, unfortunately the issue has not been fixed yet, but we are looking at adding this support. We'll be sure to post here if a fix has been released!

Badge +1

Any progress on this?

@danminneyatsaf​ Thx 🙂