Question

To build a loop

• 15 October 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

I'm very busy today and need FME training...;-)

I have three feature classes

in feature class A and feature class B i have features which have an attribute STAU_ID

the features which belongs together have the same STAU_ID but i have to split it in two feature classes because of geometric conditions.

Now i want to take the feature with STAU_ID = 1 from feature class A and intersect it with feature class C. The lines from feature class C which are in the result i intersect then with the feature from feature class B which have the STAU_ID = 1....that in one workflow

The i want a loop to do it with the features from feature class A and B which have STAU_ID = 2 and so on snd so on

I have to do in that way because features from feature class C can intersect more features from feature class A and B with different STAU_IDs ...but i want to set the attribute STAU_ID then to the features from feature class C....so i have to do a loop

So whats the perfect way to do this and tell FME that he should take the next higher STAU_ID in a loop?

Thanks guys you made my day

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi again,   I maybe don't understand perfectly what you need to do, but I'll try guessing.   The result you need is: C which intersects both of A and B having the same STAU_ID; resultant C should have the STAU_ID as its attribute; if a C feature intersects multiple A B pairs having different STAU_IDs, multiple Cs will be created.   If my understanding is correct, I don't think you need a loop. One possible solution is like this image. "Goup By" prameter setting of the SpatialFilter is very important.

Takashi
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
In addition, if different "A" features cannot have same STAU_ID, you can remove the Counter and the DuplicateRemover.