Question

How to Import Smallworld VMDS data into ESRI GDB format?

• 11 July 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi All,

I am importing data from Smallworld VMDS to ESRI GBD format. We are having 2 crore records in smallworld Database. We are trying to extracting all the records into ESRI GDB format.

We are facing a issues while inserting records. If we got any issues in middle the transaction get stopped and again it is started from first.

How can I import all the data into single or multiple ESRI GDB format from Smallworld.

If we got any error in middle how to avoid that issue record and continue with next one. Is there any way to process the records in bulk? Please tell me the possible solutions.

1 reply

Badge +2

@mahendra30627 it depends on what the error is and where it is encountered. It probably also depends on the version of GE Smallworld you are using since this dictates which version sworldswaf.dll is used in FME - and this is improved with each Sworld release.

The article Working with GE Smallworld Databases gives links to various resources including Smallworld Connection and Translation Errors. That's a good starting point for investigation.

• Error on the Smallworld reader or magik traceback error: connection time out to the Sworld VMDS or bad data in the source Smallworld. Bad data often occurs where 'mandatory' fields' have a null or invalid value - these have to be fixed in the VMDS before export.
  • Error on the Geodb writer: check the error codes. FME and Esri ArcGIS Troubleshooting Guide

If you need further help then you should contact your FME reseller for additional support. If you do resolve the issue, please add a comment to this question so others can benefit.