Question

Join table after clipping

• 24 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I've set up a workspace to extract certain types of businesses (a MapInfo point dataset that I have a tester attached to to extract the types) that lie within an employment area (a MapInfo polygon table).

Using the Clipper function, this workspace runs fine and i get a result output into a MapInfo table.

The output table includes all the attributes from the point dataset, but i want to also include the attributes from the Employment Areas dataset (only 2 columns, but they're both useful) attached to each record in the output table.'

I have tried many of the Feature, Attribute and Spatial functions, but cannot get the 2 tables to be merged into one after the Clipper has extracted the data.

Apologies in advance if this isn't explained very clearly. Am a new user of FME so am still on a steep learning curve to understand what to do when when setting up a Workspace! Hopefully someone can answer my query

thanks

Simon Hume

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You can try the PointOnAreaOverlayer to do an overlay, although the Merge Attributes parameter in the Clipper transformer should be able to do this as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @simonhume, try checking the "Merge Attributes" checkbox in the Clipper parameters dialog.

Badge +16

Next to what @takashi mentions, beware of possible attribute conflicts between the 2 feature types (point and polygons) and use the accumulation mode and conflict resolution accordingly.

Hope this too helps

Badge +1

Good morning all

Apologies for the delay in replying, but your suggestions have worked and i now have the workspace running as i require

Thanks to all for their replies

regards

Simon Hume