Solved

FME 2019 Visual Preview - Can it be always disabled even when workbench has an inspector?

Badge

I can turn off the Visual Preview after running one FMW. However when I run the workbench again the Visual Preview is checked again and the window is displayed against my wishes. It is as if it ignored my preference for having it off, or the selection gets overridden.

Now I have an Inspector object in the workbench and the Visual Preview setting stays unchecked as long as I run the workbench with it disabled or unconnected. But when it is connected or enabled the Visual Preview always presents itself even though I have unchecked it on the last run.

As a tangent, is there any way to launch the Data Inspector application and bypass the Visual Preview window? In some cases I don't want the Visual Preview to take up some of the overall window or have it take the memory/cpu to process a preview for 100,000 or so features.

Thanks,

Pete

icon

Best answer by david_r 5 April 2019, 09:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Try closing the Visual Preview window pane and activate the following setting:

Badge

Try closing the Visual Preview window pane and activate the following setting:

Ah, thanks very much. I'll give that a try. BTW, do you know any practical limit of features where the Visual Preview window (and feature caching) are best to avoid (we have, worse case, over 2 million features processing). I heard there is no upper limit (perhaps other than disk space) but I can't seem to believe that from a CPU/Memory demand perspective.

Userlevel 4

Ah, thanks very much. I'll give that a try. BTW, do you know any practical limit of features where the Visual Preview window (and feature caching) are best to avoid (we have, worse case, over 2 million features processing). I heard there is no upper limit (perhaps other than disk space) but I can't seem to believe that from a CPU/Memory demand perspective.

I don't know, I haven't used it enough yet to have an opinion on this. You may want to ask Safe support about it. If you do, please consider sharing the answer here.