Solved

How to get the geometry type from Schema using a FeatureReader in FME 2016

• 17 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to use a FileGDB template I have to look up the geometry type for each feature type inside the template. The template has no features just the feature type definitions including the geometry type.

If I put an inspector on the Schema output port of my FeatureReader I can see the attribute fme_geometry{0} in the Feature Information panel in the FME Data Inspector.

Using an AttributeExposer on either the value fme_geometry, fme_geometry{} or fme_geometry{0} gives me nothing. If I use a ListIndexer on fme_geometry{} or fme_geometry{0} I still come up empty handed.

I can see the geometry type in the FME Data Inspector, how do I get hold of it?

icon

Best answer by danilo_fme 17 April 2018, 20:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @chau,

Which Build of FME 2016 are you using?

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi again @chau,

I created here a example to read too a Geodatabase point geometry.

After the transformer FeatureReader you expose the attribute fme_geometry{0} and after you can use the transformer to test the condicional.

In my example I used the TestFilter :

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge +1

Hi again @chau,

I created here a example to read too a Geodatabase point geometry.

After the transformer FeatureReader you expose the attribute fme_geometry{0} and after you can use the transformer to test the condicional.

In my example I used the TestFilter :

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @danilo_fme, your answer is working and my attempts probably already worked. I guess my mistake here was to trust what I see in the Table View in the Data Inspector. I don't see fme_geometry{0} in the Table View but I can use the attribute to route as you propose. If I use the Attribute Manager to rename the fme_geometry{0} to geometry_type I still don't see it in the Table View. I guess it is marked somehow as "not meant to be seen". Thanks for trying what I didn't :)

Badge +1

Hi @chau,

Which Build of FME 2016 are you using?

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @danilo_fme, for reference I am using FME 2016 build 16674 Win64.