Question

DWG to PostGIS

Badge +9

Hello all,

I am struggling to get the CAD layer attributes that are associated with my DWG drawing to come into PostGIS.

Initially all I want to do is get the DWG into PostGIS with all the associated CAD attributes, from there I will then use it to do more validation but I am stuck just getting the first part to work.

I have a DWG reader that writes each layer to the same layer name in PostGIS but not sure if I am missing something either in FME or in the set-up in PostGIS. Currently all I get is the lines or points but all the attributes are empty.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hello @deanhowell2009

What is the attributes in the PostGIS? Did you mapped on the Writer, like this:

If is possible, share us the Log file too.

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge +9

Hello @deanhowell2009

What is the attributes in the PostGIS? Did you mapped on the Writer, like this:

If is possible, share us the Log file too.

Thanks,

Danilo

Thanks Danilo, I failed to the attributed matched correctly as I was assuming that the attributes from the reader would just flow automatically through to the writer but you need to go that extra step to set the value of the attribute. I am off and running now thank you, although I do suspect that there might be a more streamlined way of doing it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Thanks Danilo, I failed to the attributed matched correctly as I was assuming that the attributes from the reader would just flow automatically through to the writer but you need to go that extra step to set the value of the attribute. I am off and running now thank you, although I do suspect that there might be a more streamlined way of doing it.

Hi @deanhowell2009

Excellent.

Thanks,