Question

Unable to get a PDF2D from a JPEG2000

• 28 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am currently trying to get a PDF2D file with several layers (a background map and some additionnal information). To do this, I used a sorter, a PDFPageFormatter and a Geospatial PDF writer.

Everything works fine, except for the background part. I use a JPG2000 reader. No matter how I try to make a PDF out it, it fails (by failing I mean, the pdf file is created but no background is visible or it even makes Adobe Reader crash). I have tried with only JPEG2000 reader and PDF2D writer or this some intermediate transformers, nothing seems to work.

Are there any parameters I missed?

(I use FME 2015.1.0.0 and Acrobat 8). Acrobat 8 always crashes when loading the resulting file. Acrobat Reader XI somehow manages to load the file, but even if the layers are there, the background layer is empty and so are most of the other layers)

2 replies

Badge +3

I must say, FME2015 is quite a while ago. I have searched Google quickly and found this 'how-to' by Glenn Bambrick from IMGS. The first steps describe a Python install, in case you want to write a multi-page pdf, but from point 8 on a description is given how you can build the pdf.

I hope it helps you out.

Thank you for your reply. I still do not understand what is wrong with my configuration but it gave me the idea to use a simple jpeg file instead of the jpeg2000 one. It seems easier to include (at least, it is not rejected by Acrobat Reader XI even if Acrobat 8 refuses to open it).