Question

AutoCAD Writer - "Shape defined within template is not stored. Error."

• 22 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Trying to run very simple workspace read several DWG files and write them back out to new files with the AUTOCAD_OD writer. Using FME 2018. I have set a path to the Template file and the shape file folder (which I take to be fonts & linetypes), but it keeps erroring out with "Shape defined within template is not stored. Error." Any suggestions?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Using the REALDWG reader on multiple files and writing to AUTOCAD_OD was likely the cause of the error. By replacing the reader with an AUTOCAD_OD reader and it now works

Badge

Hi community,

I'm facing a kind of same error...

My workspace read a DWG (RealDWG Reader) validate with some rules and at the end a new DWG is created ...

I use a template file to "stylise" some layer with blocks...

For certain files I get the "shape defined within template is not stored. Error" and some other not...

I'm not expert with autocad Drawing bu I suspect that there are some shape files in the origin files and it's not find in the writer ...

Is there any solution to "ignore" this error ???

Thanks for your help.

Badge +1

Using the REALDWG reader on multiple files and writing to AUTOCAD_OD was likely the cause of the error. By replacing the reader with an AUTOCAD_OD reader and it now works

Hello,

I create a workspace where I begin with an Autocad Reader. I make some transformation and I write in dwg.

I have the same message of error.

The workspace run well with a lot of Dwg in the reader but doesn't work with one file up to now.

I joins us the log file.

I Use Autodesk AutoCAD DWG/DXF reader and writer and not REALDWG

AUTOCAD_TRANSFORMATION_CADASTRE_LISTE_V2.0.txt

Can you help me?

Thank You

Bernard Dinon
Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello,

I create a workspace where I begin with an Autocad Reader. I make some transformation and I write in dwg.

I have the same message of error.

The workspace run well with a lot of Dwg in the reader but doesn't work with one file up to now.

I joins us the log file.

I Use Autodesk AutoCAD DWG/DXF reader and writer and not REALDWG

AUTOCAD_TRANSFORMATION_CADASTRE_LISTE_V2.0.txt

Can you help me?

Thank You

Bernard Dinon

Hi @bernarddinon,

Sorry you are having some troubles with the AutoCAD Writer. I would recommend submitting a case with our experts team. Please include your workspace so we can look into it a bit more.

Thanks,

Kailin Opaleychuk
Badge +1

Hi @bernarddinon,

Sorry you are having some troubles with the AutoCAD Writer. I would recommend submitting a case with our experts team. Please include your workspace so we can look into it a bit more.

Thanks,

Kailin Opaleychuk

@Kailinatsafe :

Hi

Thank for your answer. I create the case : C156037 with my workspace.

Best regards

Bernard Dinon