Question

Excel table manipulation

• 12 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am wondering if something is possible to be done using FME. I have an Excel table that has many cells and entries. I need to manipulate with certain cell entries.

One cell contains many entries. For example in one cell I have multiple parcel numbers and the name of cadastre municipality. I need to separate those values. They should make new row and copy all the cell values the same as previous but in that cell it should keep only for example cadastre municipalitys name and put the parcel number in new column.

Any hints and help?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

To split up mutlitple values contained in a single cell you can try the AttributeSplitter. The AttributeSplitter does require a separation character -or- that the input string is always adhering to a strict structure.

Without seeing a sample of your data it's hard to give more detailed advice. Excel offers users a lot of freedom and it depends on how the data is entered exactly whether or not this is feasible.

Badge +3

Either use a splitter or use a stringsearcher with regexp. After that just explode them.