Solved

Convert from WFS to ESRI Shapefile and Geodatabase

• 24 August 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I am currently trying to convert a WFS into an ESRI shapefile and other ESRI formats using FME. I am adding the WFS as a reader and the output as the ESRI shapefile.

The process runs with 0 Errors however 4 warnings:

"Coordinate (approx) 9E:49N outside grid file coverage; no transformation applied.

Coordinate (approx) 3E:49N outside grid file coverage; no transformation applied.

Coordinate (approx) 3E:61N outside grid file coverage; no transformation applied.

Coordinate (approx) 9E:61N outside grid file coverage; no transformation applied."

The transaction is successful however 0 features are read and 0 features are written.

Any help on how to fix this would be great!

Thanks

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 28 August 2018, 14:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

It sounds like no features are getting read in from the WFS. It is possible that the WFS is in a Different Coordinate system to what you are expecting? Are you specifying bounding Coordinates? I would check these.

It sounds like no features are getting read in from the WFS. It is possible that the WFS is in a Different Coordinate system to what you are expecting? Are you specifying bounding Coordinates? I would check these.

The dataset should be in British National grid - for example when I open the WFS in qGIS the coordinate system is EPSG:27700, OSGB 1936. When I define the coordinate system as EPSG:27700 in FME this still does not read any of the features.

I noticed that the coordinate system in FME is EPSG 27700, with datum OSGB_FME. Would I need to reproject the WFS into datum OSGB 1936? If so I can not find any method online as to how I would do this.

Thanks very much for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +31
If open data what WFS url?
If open data what WFS url?
Hi,

It is any data off of http://environment.data.gov.uk/ds/catalogue/index.jsp#/catalogue

For example the following WFS does not work:

http://environment.data.gov.uk/ds/wfs?SERVICE=WFS&INTERFACE;=ENVIRONMENTWFS&LC;=40000000

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

If I set WFS version to 1.0.0 and Ignore Application Schema to Yes it returns 392 points.

2018-08-28-14h24-14.png

If I set WFS version to 1.0.0 and Ignore Application Schema to Yes it returns 392 points.

2018-08-28-14h24-14.png

That has worked! Thank you so much for your help :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +31
That has worked! Thank you so much for your help :)

Welcome :)