Solved

Use of filter in Insectors Table View

• 14 December 2017
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi,

One column has 4 values 2, 12 324, 56987 (data type is number)

When I use filter in Inspector (Table View) to find records with value 2 I got 3 results (2, 12 and 324)

Earlier versions of Fme gave me just one result: 2.

Is it a method to find just records with value 2?

Thanks in advantage:)

icon

Best answer by fmelizard 18 December 2017, 18:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @elzbietalekve,

Try to use the option Display only the features:

You set the condition that you need:

For example:

ID1 = 2

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

But I want that in Table view I could see just records with the value 2. When I have 50 000 records in my base and I want to find just 2 of them so I will see just 2. oadminelaantall-teigansw-danilo.pdf

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @elzbietalekve which version were you using previously? I tried FME 2014 and found the same behaviour as FME 2017. I tested both filter methods @danilo_fme showed below. Here is an idea which you can vote on which is asking for what you are expecting: https://knowledge.safe.com/idea/20165/add-filter-function-to-the-table-view-in-fme-data.html (I have also voted on it as I think this would be pretty handy :-D). At this point the only workaround I can think of if using a Tester in a Workspace which is a little impractical

Badge

I tried the earlier version of FME and I saw that Filter works in the same way. Then it's dawned on me that I most of the time used an unik number in my data. So I am really sorry for misleading

information to both of you (danilo_fme and MattAtSafe) . But I think that is good idea that Filter sholud work as I suggested and will vote for this kind of solution. Thanks very much for Your help:)