Question

Revit 'Mark' Parameter to ArcMap

Badge

First post ever!

I am exporting from Revit (RVZ) to FME and finally importing the ESRI Shape file into ArcMap. The problem I am getting is that I cannot get the Revit instance parameter "Mark" to eventually show up in ArcMap.

I've tried many options but have not succeeded. Please help!!!

Thank you

4 replies

I quickly asked a colleague about this and he said:

If it's in the Property Sets exported, it should be available in the Building Elements with Hierarchy view as an attribute. If it's not coming through on the Property Sets, we may need to go digging for it.

So try reading the data using the Building Elements with Hierarchy view, to see if it's there. If not, please contact our support team (safe.com/support) and ask them to look into it further.

Regards

Mark

Badge

If it's in the Property Sets exported, it should be available in the Building Elements with Hierarchy view as an attribute. If it's not coming through on the Property Sets, we may need to go digging for it.

So try reading the data using the Building Elements with Hierarchy view, to see if it's there. If not, please contact our support team (safe.com/support) and ask them to look into it further.

Regards

Mark

Thank you Mark. I may not have tried the option you suggested. I will give that a whirl and let you know the result. Cheers!

Emmy

Badge

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

I finally got around to working out to resolve this issue.

Here is what I found:

The elements that I wanted to bring over to ArcMap via FME were the Revit Generic Models family types. After much back and forth, I found out that for the Mark parameter for generic models do not come over to FME and therefore does no go over to ArcMap. On the other hand, I did the same thing for the Revit Door family type and the Mark parameter for doors does successfully show up in FME and then to ArcMap.

What I will do now is investigate what Revit types will allow it's mark parameters to come over to FME.

Please share if you'd like.

Thank you!

Emmy

Badge

Hi Mark,

It's been a while but I've finally come back to this and have solved the problem... which is a very easy solution. When a Revit RVZ is read into FME, the door mark parameter is actually IdentityData.Mark and manually map it to the attribute in the Writer. What it would not do is automatically connect the attributes, which I did not do manually before. And that is the solution!

Thank you!