Solved

Create excel report of features written to writer?

Badge

I would like to group all the features going to the writer and create a report on what is written to an excel document. I would like to have it similar to the log file format.

Total Features Written

Manhole 3 features written

Power_Pole 8 features written

etc..

I'm working with the list builder, just not getting much progress. I believe I need to group by feature type and expose the feature type?

Thanks for any help on this.

icon

Best answer by todd_davis 22 July 2016, 05:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Easiest is probably to use the StatisticCalculator on a field (group by and Analyze) that contains the type...e.g. Manhole, Powerpole (this might be the fme_feature_type depending on your process). Use the "count" from that. You will get multiple features from the the summary port.

Then use a stringconcatenator to create an attribute the says "Manhole 8 features written" (the first two words will come from the type and count attributes). You could pump that out to excel as is...

If you need it into text file then use a listbuilder, leave group by blank. Then ListConcatenator and you seperator should be a newline character.

Badge

Easiest is probably to use the StatisticCalculator on a field (group by and Analyze) that contains the type...e.g. Manhole, Powerpole (this might be the fme_feature_type depending on your process). Use the "count" from that. You will get multiple features from the the summary port.

Then use a stringconcatenator to create an attribute the says "Manhole 8 features written" (the first two words will come from the type and count attributes). You could pump that out to excel as is...

If you need it into text file then use a listbuilder, leave group by blank. Then ListConcatenator and you seperator should be a newline character.

Thanks @todd_davis

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Another transformer to have a good look at is the new (FME 2016) FeatureWriter that acts as a writer but also outputs the statistics you are needing. That avoids the need for the StatisticsCalcutator as the "writer" calculates these stats (same as in the log file).