Question

Use Directory and File Pathnames on ftp and sftp?

• 21 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +21

Is this possible? Or do I have to recursively use FTPCaller for "each level" of the ftp/sftp and build the strings manually?

This is on both FME Desktop and FME Server. Even better: Add support on FME Server to "Add resource" and Type of Resource Connection would be ftp/sftp

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I think we need to figure out how to convert this to an idea. I don't think this works currently and instead we'd want to beef up the FTPCaller/connector to do this type of thing.

Badge +21

I also tried to use the Subscription - sftp - however I am not sure where to look for logfiles. If I understand correctly this will, when triggered, synchronize a folder on that particlyar SFTP and the local folder? Or have I misunderstood? I also can not find a logfile for this service on fmecloud - so I do not know if it gets connected properly :(

Badge +21

I think we need to figure out how to convert this to an idea. I don't think this works currently and instead we'd want to beef up the FTPCaller/connector to do this type of thing.

I think I just submitted an Idea - but I can not seem to find it again - perhaps it was cancelled or not submitted. I`ll see if it shows up, or create a new one if it doesnt