Question

Intergraph FRAMME to G/Technology

Hello,

I would like to migrate data from Intergraph FRAMME format to G/Tech data model. How should I go about it?

Cheers,

John

6 replies

Badge +2
Hi,

It is not possible to explain in just a paragraph but mentioned below are just indications of few important points...

1. Mapping of attributes

2. Defining or mapping components

3. Topolofy or connectivity

4. Look for creation of seamless data

etc...

Pratap
Thanks Pratap.

Is there any kind of documentation I can refer to. Is it possible in single workbench however complex it may be or do I need multiple workbenches.

Cheers

John
Badge +2
Since more unique features will invlove in this activity so multiple workbenches are required.

May I ask you, Is it for internship or you have been assigned in this kind of project?
You can say it's kind of internship.

Are there any good docs available? I googled it but could not found much. I need info on Readers, Writer and other transformers which can be used.

Cheers
Badge +2
Hi John,

I don't think there will be documents available as it is not same for all kinds of projects/data. My email ID is ?kumarchintadri@gmail.com do let me know if you need any help.

Pratap

Badge +2

We use FME to generate a table containing features to write into the G/Tech database (Oracle Spatial). After that, a self created Oracle Package is used to generate G/Tech features.

Another way I am experimenting with, is the following:

1. Use a FeatureReader to read only Schema data for all features to write, connect it to a dynamic Oracle writer
  2. Be sure to use Pre- and After SQL run scripts that disable/enable all triggers on tables to insert
  3. Be sure to generate correct new KEY fields like G3E_FID from the tables sequences using an SQLExecutor
  4. Use a FeatureReader to read all features to be migrated.
  5. Use an InlineQuerier connected to the schema features to write and the features to be migrated and produce a full outer join to accommodate writing multiple tables coming from just one feature to migrate.
  6. Use a SchemaMapper to perform mappings
  7. Connect the mapped features to the dynamic Oracle writer

At the moment, the writer does not write any geometry. Working on that.