Question

List all paperspace names in AutoCAD DWG

• 19 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Is there any way to list all paperspaces found in an AutoCAD DWG or set the FME reader to simply read all paperspaces?

Alternatively, is there a way to extract all defined viewport polygons without knowing the paperspace names at runtime?

What I am trying to achieve is to batch process a set of DWG's that do not have a standard schema and search the contents of viewports (preferably in the paperspace) for certain blocks. Blocks of the same type not printed on any paperspace must be excluded as they are not relevant to the analysis.

A great workaround using an AutoCAD LISP script has been discussed (link) but I am looking for an option that might achieve a similar result without the additional AutoCAD licence.

2 replies

Badge +9

Have you read my answer here: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/23254/how-to-read-all-paper-spaces-from-acad-file.html

Badge +1

Yes, I have taken a quick look at that. Sadly this requires an additional AutoCAD licence which is a solution but a relatively costly one. I was seeking a way to achieve a similar effect with FME, possibly reaching into Python or similar to augment FME.

There is no way to run this script without a fully licenced version of AutoCAD is there?