Solved

Shapefile with same schema not read

• 7 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

Hello,

do I have to use a dynamic reader when the name of an input shapefile changes but the schema does not? I use a workspace that reads a shape that gets updated every two months. I assumed that it suffices to link the new shape in the input parameters but no features are read due to the new filename. To prevent this I either create a new shp reader everytime or I create a workaround with a Creator/FeatureReader/AttributeExposer combination. Both solutions don't seem very elegant and I'm sure I'm doing this the wrong way. Is there a simpler way using a dynamic reader? Thank you for your help. This really irks me as I'm not a newcomer to FME.

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 7 February 2019, 12:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

No, you can set a wildcard in the Merge Feature Type like so:

This will be done automatically if you set up the reader with the "Single Merged Feature Type" option.

This way the Shapefile's name can be anything and it will be processed through this feature type

Badge +7

No, you can set a wildcard in the Merge Feature Type like so:

This will be done automatically if you set up the reader with the "Single Merged Feature Type" option.

This way the Shapefile's name can be anything and it will be processed through this feature type

Thanks, that did the trick. Additionally I deleted the "Feature Types to Read" Parameter as it seems it is not necessary.