Question

Trying to read formulas with information on different sheets and with formulas in a dynamic table in Excel

• 19 September 2019
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

Dear people,

I have an excel file which contains a dynamic table, in this table there are formulas referencing to parameters on another sheet.

Without going into detail, there needs to be a recalculation of certain coordinates. So far i was able to get an excel sheet with the extracted coordinates into the right order and structure.

At this point I just want to write away this coordinates into the excel file dynamic table and let excel do the calculations so i can use these new coordinates further on into my module.

So the problems i have are:

1) How do i write away the data into a dynamic table? Now it just puts my data underneath the table...

2) Is it possible for FME to get the values of parameters which are written on other sheets but in the same excel file to do this calculations (also the sheets don't look the same, different columns etc.)

Any ideas that can put my in the right direction will be greatly appreciated,

If you need any further info, just let me know, I hope you people can help me again.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

You should be able to create a named range in a template file and then write your data directly into that named range

To write to a named range, in the Sheet Name in the reader you use Sheet Name/Named Range