Question

Compare values in row/record

Badge

Good day FME'ers,

I have two datasets containing a unique ID and postcode (zip code) field. I can join the datasets used on unique ID but I would like to compare is they have the same postcode. the unique ID is unique but the postcode is not. How do I perform a comparison in the same row.

Thanks,

David

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi

If you've already joined the two datasets and your features have both postcodes already in them, you could use a Tester to compare the two values.

If you need to join the two datasets using the postcode you could try using the FeatureMerger. In particular, look into the setting "Process duplicate suppliers" for your non-unique postcodes.

David

Badge

Hi

If you've already joined the two datasets and your features have both postcodes already in them, you could use a Tester to compare the two values.

If you need to join the two datasets using the postcode you could try using the FeatureMerger. In particular, look into the setting "Process duplicate suppliers" for your non-unique postcodes.

David

Thanks @david_r. My manager had the same thought as soon as I posted the idea. I left it up to see if anyone had any alternatives to a tester. Seems obvious to me now!