Solved

Automating WFS download

• 21 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I would like to create a workflow to download and merge vector data from a WFS. The city of Vienna provides building footprints in shape format via WFS. Due to the large filesize it is recommended to reduce one download to a tile of 2x2 kilometers or smaller. As I need the complete dataset I try to create a workspace to download all tiles with getfeature requests (e.g. https://data.wien.gv.at/daten/geo?service=WFS&version;=1.0.0&request;=GetFeature&typeName;=ogdwien:FMZKGEBOGD&outputFormat;=shape-zip&SRS;=EPSG:31256&BBOX;=2748,341794,4516,343209) and then merge the tiles into a File GDB. Is it possible to dynamically create the request by inserting the necessary bounding box coordinates and then merge data directly out of a ZIP file. Thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 21 February 2018, 14:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If you use the FeatureReader with tiles as input you don't need to worry about inserting coordinates into the request.

The FeatureReader is set up like this:

Note that the max features setting does apply, so make sure you set it high enough (I tried a 2 x 2 km section near the Hofburg and that yields only 11000 buildings, in tests I've put that parameter as high up as 200000 without maxing out).

The Spatial Filter setting of Envelope Intersects will automatically apply the bounding box of the Initiator to the request.

Badge +7

If you use the FeatureReader with tiles as input you don't need to worry about inserting coordinates into the request.

The FeatureReader is set up like this:

Note that the max features setting does apply, so make sure you set it high enough (I tried a 2 x 2 km section near the Hofburg and that yields only 11000 buildings, in tests I've put that parameter as high up as 200000 without maxing out).

The Spatial Filter setting of Envelope Intersects will automatically apply the bounding box of the Initiator to the request.

Awesome, thank you for your detailed answer. Would you mind sharing the workspace? I could use some help setting up the creator as I never used it before.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25
Awesome, thank you for your detailed answer. Would you mind sharing the workspace? I could use some help setting up the creator as I never used it before.

Here you go: none2none.fmw

Badge +7
Here you go: none2none.fmw

Thank you! You just safed me a lot of time.