Question

Resolving pagination with Httpcaller/loop

• 3 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I am currently working with some scooter mds data and I am trying to find references to help with pagination. I would like to be able to call page one and use a json fragmenter to process and then go onto page 2, etc. Has anyone worked with something like this before or has some ideas? I'd love some input.

The API has links in the json that have "first", "next", "last" that reference the corresponding page number.

My thought was to keep referencing the "next" page url for processing until the last page: It looks a little like this:

next: http://(scooter provider mds)trips?end_time=(date/time)&page=2&start_time=(date/time)

http://(scooter provider mds)trips?end_time=(date/time)&page=3&start_time=(date/time)

7 replies

Badge +16

Here is a workspace to give you the pattern:

githubreporter.fmw

githubreporter.fmw

@bruceharold I am running into the issue of the string searcher not matching with any values. Do you know why this would be occurring?

Badge +16

@bruceharold I am running into the issue of the string searcher not matching with any values. Do you know why this would be occurring?

You'll need to get the regular expression working, the regex editor should help there. Maybe a case issue with next versus Next or something?

You'll need to get the regular expression working, the regex editor should help there. Maybe a case issue with next versus Next or something?

Thank you for the information! I actually ended up using a json extractor to call the "next" page.

githubreporter.fmw

Do you mind sharing your example workspace again? It seems the link is not working anymore..

Badge +16

Do you mind sharing your example workspace again? It seems the link is not working anymore..

Here you go.

Thank you!