Question

intersection between routes and areas

• 19 March 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hi Guys,

i have a lot of areas and 3 routes (polylines)

these 3 routes have different names (attribute) but from a certain point they have identically geometry. now i want to find out through which areas the routes are going and with the spatial relator and list exploder i want a result for an area where the routes are identically e.g. area 345 - (route A, route B and route C)...but i get area 345 (route A, route A, route A)...why that?

The three routes are going through complete, means from the certain point where all three are identically i have 3 polylines which are overlayed.

i only make a mistake to get the right result......

Help? or to complicated wording....;-)

Greetz

Franco

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Franco, how did you check the result (route A, A, A for the area 345)?
Badge +3
To me it looks like route A consist of multiple objects or you have set the roads as requestor.

The Area must be the requestor. That will make it possible to relate all routes going trough it.

Test for related canditates. 

If routes consist of multiple parts, you do a listduplicateremover on the __related_candidates list.

Then use a listconcatenator on the __related_candidates list.

This will give you the looked for list.

No need for explosions.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
I noticed that the ListExploder in FME 2015.0 may cause such an unexpected result.

If the "Conflict Resolution" parameter has been specified to "Use Origional", the result similar to yours will occur. 

@Safe, I think the default value of the parameter should be "Use Incoming List", i.e. the same default behavior as the old ListExploder in FME 2014 or earlier.
Badge +3
polylines wont be overlayed completely unless they are identical.

Did you break them up? LineOnLine, LineOnArea Intersector, TopologyBuilder or something? Before you tried the SpatialRelator?

meybe show pic of your procedure.
Badge +6

Hi guys,

sorry for late answer.......

@Gio requestor and supplier were set right but

@Takashi...you're right....when i set it on your parameter in listexploder the result is right now......now i have the same area three times with three different routes...

thank you ver much for help

Greetz from Vienna

Franco
Badge +6

Hi guys,

for completeness:

i made the intersection with Spatial relator and list exploder and I checked first the result in the Data Inspector and there the result was thre times the same area with three times the same route name...(only to answer first question from Takashi)

But now it function...

Thanks