• 12 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

Is it possible to get label without point? My final format is .kml

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +16

Hi @joellebrault,

Have a look at the TextAdder transformer.

Sets the feature's geometry to text using the previous geometry as the text location.

Hope this helps,

Itay

Badge

Hi @joellebrault,

Have a look at the TextAdder transformer.

Sets the feature's geometry to text using the previous geometry as the text location.

Hope this helps,

Itay

Did not work... My input data is a 5min grid that covers all the province. So with TextAdder, I can keep the original geometry (which is polygon) so the grid becomes text, but it's too big and I can't manage the size of the text. It stays the same as grid size no matter what text size I set. If I set "replace with point", I'm not able to get that point transparent...but thanks for the tip!

Badge +16

Did not work... My input data is a 5min grid that covers all the province. So with TextAdder, I can keep the original geometry (which is polygon) so the grid becomes text, but it's too big and I can't manage the size of the text. It stays the same as grid size no matter what text size I set. If I set "replace with point", I'm not able to get that point transparent...but thanks for the tip!

You can still use a point feature in your output kml, just make sure its size is really small ( too small to see)

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

If you're aiming to label polygons for display in a kml it might be worth looking at this article

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/21326/kml-icons-labels.html

If you just want to label points, without the points showing, use a kml styler to set an icon type and set the scale to 0