Question

New to FME

• 17 June 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

Hi, I am new to FME and i need to build a model that does the following thing: 1. Select all Address Points that are inside an Area Polygon type= OSA by a given Id. 2. Filter out all addresses that are Allocation Status = No Build.3. Output should be the sum of the "Location Id" field of all addresses points that are "No Build" per polygons id..I need to create out put in excel format.

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @srhjunaid,

Welcome to the FME Community!

It sounds like you will need a workspace that uses a Clipper to select the Address Points within the desired area, followed by a Tester to filter for addresses that have an Allocation Status = "No Build". Lastly, you can use a StatisticsCalculator to get the count / sum of the desired attribute before writing to Excel. I have attached a sample workspace that should help you get started with this - in my example, I am clipping school address points to the Fairview neighborhood and testing for Public Schools. Note: In order to correctly analyze spatial relationships, all features should be in the same coordinate system.

Hope this helps!

Useful Resources:

Calculating a Running Total or Cumulative Sum | StatisticsCalculator

Example using the Clipper Transformer

Getting Started with FME Desktop

FME Training

Template:

Clip_and_Test_Example.fmwt