Question

Logging Errors and Warnings

• 30 June 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hello,

I want to log errors and warnings, therefor I use the MessageLogger Transformer. But in the end when the translation finished the output is "Translation was SUCCESSFULL" even if there were errors.

It also prints "|INFORM|Translation was SUCCESSFUL with 4 warning(s) (9 feature(s) output)" with the right amount of warnings created from the MessageLogger transformer.

Is there a setting I need to make, so it prints that translation has failed?

Also what I don't get is how the Log Filter is working,  disabling Information and Statistics doesn't change anything.

best regards,

Mel

3 replies

Badge +2
When the translation is successful how can it be prompt as Failed?

May be I didnt understand your question well.

If you want to terminate when a feature passes through MessageLogger then select Error and terminate option.
Badge
When an error is logged it should not print SUCCESSFULL in the end, as if nothing happened.

I don't want to terminate when an error occurs. (Our customer should work through the error log, and change the input)
Badge +2
As far as I understand,

If you received the result as "Translation was SUCCESSFUL with 4 warning(s)" means you have to re-work on those warning only. Translation is successful for other features.

If you received the result as "Translation was SUCCESSFUL with 0 warning(s)" means you need have to do anything.

The above messages have a alot of difference.

If you want the translation to be halted temporarily then use Inspection point on connectors and select "run translation with inspection" it will pause the translation and shows in viewer.

Hope this helps...