Question

FME Server cannot read Access 97 database

I have a workbench that reads an Access database. The workbench works fine on desktop but fails on FME Server.

The log records the following error - 'Type=5;Data Source=\\\\server1\\file1\\file2\\example.mdb;User ID=admin;Password=********'. Provider error `(-2147467259) Cannot open a database created with a previous version of your application.'

A quick google seems to indicate that this error occurs when you try to open Access 97 with Access 2013 or later.

Is this the issue? and is there a workaround? I hope there is as my client is unable to update their version of Access .

4 replies

Badge +9

Are You at the same version on Server and Desktop?

Badge +2

@earl359 It might be a miss-leading error - ensure that your FME Server is not 64bit against an 32bit Access. Also, you could try using an FME ODBC reader / writer instead of the Access

Thanks for your help @palhermans and @markatsafe.

Palhermans, I tried using the Access JDBC reader as you suggested and it worked. My bench is running ok now on server and is able to read the access database. I'm not sure why the JDBC reader made the difference but I'm not complaining.

Badge +9

Thanks for your help @palhermans and @markatsafe.

Palhermans, I tried using the Access JDBC reader as you suggested and it worked. My bench is running ok now on server and is able to read the access database. I'm not sure why the JDBC reader made the difference but I'm not complaining.

Glad it worked out! For some reason I managed to delete my comment :/ Just summarize: Referenced my question from https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/91418/connect-to-sql-server-2000.html . In that case it was proposed to install old FME (which I did - and I was at Desktop only), or try JDBC which solved Your case.