Solved

Create a Private Parameter Value From Attribute Value

• 1 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I am trying to create a Private Parameter Value from an Attribute Value.

What I Have is a SQLCreator that is pulling two columns from a table.

ROUTE_ID

SYSTEM_CODE

The SQLCreator is using a Published Parameter to query out the data associated the user defined SYSTEM_CODE.

What I want to do is assign a Private parameter from that result as the ROUTE_ID value.

This would allow me to run other queries based on the Route_ID which is a unique number.

icon

Best answer by jkr_wrk 1 August 2018, 16:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

A parameter value is something you typically set before you run your workspace. These are the base parameters.

If you need a value that is dynamic set, you should store it in a variable and get it from there. You could use a AttribureCreator, a FeatureJoiner/FeatureMerger or a VariableRetriever and VariableSetter. (make sure the Setter is done before the Retriever is started).

If you really want to set the parameter, what I don't think you need, you could get the variable and start a WorkspaceRunner with that parameter set. In this case it would be a public parameter I guess.

A parameter value is something you typically set before you run your workspace. These are the base parameters.

If you need a value that is dynamic set, you should store it in a variable and get it from there. You could use a AttribureCreator, a FeatureJoiner/FeatureMerger or a VariableRetriever and VariableSetter. (make sure the Setter is done before the Retriever is started).

If you really want to set the parameter, what I don't think you need, you could get the variable and start a WorkspaceRunner with that parameter set. In this case it would be a public parameter I guess.

Thanks @jkr_da I was able to accomplish this with the featuremerger. I guess my original question was geared more towards running a series of SQLCreators based off of Parameter values enclosed in the where clause. Basically to limit the amount of records being read to speed up the workspace. However your answer solved my issue! Thanks!!