Question

Does anyone have a real live example of using the JMS trigger in server Automation (or JMS receiver in desktop))

• 21 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

We are trying to connect to a JMS queue. We have a URL and EntityPath, SharedAccessKeyName, SharedAccessKey and using service bus explorer we can connect using HTTPS (it translates to an sb;// in explorer) I've tried adding the whole url string with parameters to the jms receiver Provider URL and tried with just the URL and the 3 parameters in the "additional provider properties" (comma separated on separate lines) in both cases it fails with

"org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory" ...

javax.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL: <<url>>

Reason: java.io.IOException: Failed to perform GET on: <<url>> as response was: Not Found

Failed to connect to JMS provider with url <<url>> and initial context "org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory"

Has anyone got an example of successfully making this connection, is there some detail of the transformer parameters which I am missing?

thanks

Rob

1 reply

Badge +11

Hi @rob_m_esriuk,

I won't profess to be an expert on this but I've been working with ActiveMQ and RabbitMQ and have had success here and there. I don't think I have enough information to even comment on the above. I think in this case we might want to take this offline (submit a case to www.safe.com/support - Report a Problem) and then we can connect directly. In my experience doing a screen share to review the set up is usually most productive.

A few things to include in your case submission: FME Version... ActiveMQ version... workspace...workspace log, and configuration of ActiveMQ (some of that is above) if you could. Please address me in the case so the team can direct it to me. Hopefully, we can resolve this and report back here!