Solved

Find nearest known point, move inspection point over that one and insert known point ID

Badge +7

I have an ArcGIS Online Feature Layer with Fire Hydrant points, these hydrants have a unique ID from our asset management system.

I am creating new points while carrying out inspection, using a mobile device, it creates a point within a few meters of the original hydrant.

I want FME to grab this new point, move it over the original point, and insert the unique ID into a column of the new point.

Is this simple to do? I have done some googling but nothing has jumped out at me. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by erik_jan 6 April 2020, 03:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Have a look at the AnchoredSnapper transformer.

Use the hydrants as Anchor and the new points as Candidates.

This will move the new points to the hydrant.

Then a PointonPointOverlayer with Attribute Handling set to Merge attributes, will get the ID from the hydrant on the new point.

Hope this helps.

Badge +7

There has been a slight change in scope to my original question, now we are taking two separate inspection points with associated attributes, in the vicinity of the original hydrant point. I have all my inspection points being moved over the original hydrant, this is great. But now I want to boil down my inspection points to be only one, is there an aggregation tool or something that can do this? I am not sure what I should be looking for?

Thanks!