Question

RASTER BANDS

• 16 September 2014
  • 7 replies

I am trying to change band values to produce infrared images. I can see the attribute in the inspector, but cant seem to expose it to change the values. I need to have the following values:

Band 4 = Red

Band 1 = Green

Band 2 = Blue

Thanks,

Chad

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

A combination of the RasterSelector and the RasterBandInterpretationCoercer can be used to select a band and change the color (interpretation type) of the band.

To change the three bands, do it three times for each band.

Takashi
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Do you perhaps need to reorder the bands? If so, consider using the RasterBandOrderer.
I tried that and it comes out in grayscale colors on export, but in inspector it changed the bands. ANy idea on why it would export in grayscale?
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Could you please explain the original band properties (especially interpretation type) and what kind of modification against them you need?

The band properties can be extracted by the RasterBandPropertiesExtractor, and the interpretation type will be stored in the list attribute named "_band{}.band_interpretation".
I was able to export them, I used the RasterSelector and the RasterBandInterpretationCoercer and also added the RasterBandOrderer and wrote it out to a Geotiff. My problem now is it writes out three images, one being the one I need Infrared and two that are black and white I do not need. I am using these for AutoCad, and when I import into AutoCad the transparency is black, which makes the image dark, I can change in Cad but was hoping to remedy that in FME. When I bring into Global Mapper it is light and if I check off ignore alpha band it looks good. I assume it is something with the extra band causeing this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
RasterSelector + RasterBandRemover (or RasterSelector+RasterBandKeeper) can be used to remove specific band(s) from a raster.

In addition, if the RasterBandOrderer worked for your requirement, RasterSelector + RasterBandInterpretationCoercer may not be essential.
I got it to work!!! I removed the band I did not need and it now comes into AutoCad correctly. As far as the duplicates, I had the band selectors connected indivdually to my reader making it make the additional images, I put them in tandem and now it works fine. Thanks for the help!!!

Chad